Monday, November 19, 2007

I NEED MONEY!!!!!!

The Jacobsen Syndrome yearly convention will be held in San Diego, CA!!

I need to go! I need to meet parents and children of the Jacobsen Syndrome but for a family of 5 to go we need around 3,000.00 U$ plane tickets and hotel and food and car rental. I am pulling my hair trying to think of ways to get this money! I would have to sell lots of dolls and I mean lots of dolls to try to get this money; I have less than a year to do this.

WHY? why is it sooo important for me to meet this people? Here where I sit I feel very alone when it comes to this syndrome. I have had parents start to talk to me online and through emails but when they find out that my daughter is better physically than their children they don't write to me again. I want to see older children may be even adults with this syndrome.

I do not have a soul to talk about this with about my feelings, my worries, my tears, my prayers.

When I try to talk to people about this they don't listen they tell me she is ok and dismiss my feelings, I want to shout for them to listen that my feelings are real and my heart aches at not knowing when will she talk, will she go to a regular school, what can I expect?!! and she is not ok she is better than most but she still has a chromosome syndrome!

Ignoring it will NOT make it less real or go away!!! Yes, her motor skills are great and she is very smart (she understands and follows commands). The only obvious characteristic is her speech and facial features which to the un-trained eye is no different than you and me.

Going to this event will help me cope with this and I also think Alexandra deserves to meet children that have similar characteristics to her. This would be great for the whole family.

1 comment:

Princess Abigail said...

Hi there ... I just wanted you to know you are not alone. I'm not sure which country you are in, but if its any help, I live in France, and will always be happy to talk to you. Sometimes, its nice just to know that someone else cares.
Speak soon - get in touch
Alison
(Abigail's Mama)